MS Fonts offline

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:59:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Fred Roller<froller at tnclimited.com> wrote:

> I am assuming the system in question does not have internet access.
> This being the case, from a system which does have download capability
> go to the following site:
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/uk/intrepid/all/msttcorefonts/download
>
> Download msttcorefonts_2.5_all.deb or the latest version to a thumbdrive
> or some other medium.  Its only about 31k.  Return to the isolated
> system and insert the disk.  Double click the file and an installer
> should start.  Hope this helps.

Yeah - but doesn't that .deb download an archive file from somewhere?
IIRC, installing the .deb calls a script that does a wget from
mickeysoft.

I would:

On an online machine, download the .deb, expand the .deb file and grep
around for MS or wget - find that archive, download it, carry it to
the offline machine, then extract the contents into /home/<me>/.fonts

Chris