Looking for single slideshow app to use as a screensaver in Ubuntu 9.04

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Fri Jun 12 11:58:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 12:25 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:37:27 -0500
> Johnny <linuxhamuser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a single slideshow app to use as a screensaver
> > I am using xscreensaver since glslideshow is not working
> > I did email the group about it i had know response on it about the
> > problem
> >
> > Just looking for a single app that i can use for slideshow as a
> > screensaver
> >

> > Johnny
>
> It isn't a screensaver and pauses the screensaver activity but gqview
> has a full-screen slideshow capability.  Maybe that'll do for you?
>
> I thought there was an xslideshow but don't find it currently.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> When Windows are opened the bugs come in.
> 	Winduhs

Fspot will do the trick.  Save your pics as favs from within the
software; then, go to System --> Preference --> Screensavers and scroll
down to "F-spot photos" and choose it.  I use it for my home PC.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux, simple.  If you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."