nividia drivers

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 12 02:17:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:24:01 -0500
Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick
> <pegngary at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Having trouble installing.  How do you terminate X?  control alt
> > backspace does notwork.  Instructions say to load into VGA and I
> > have no idea how to do that.
> > thanks
> >
> > gary
> >
> Also control/alt/F1 does notwork.  Sudo sh
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-185.14-pkg1.run says I am running X still.

Jaunty?
I've not followed the thread but you can always hit it with this hammer:
sudo killall gdm (or kdm or xdm, whichever you use)
and see what that gets you. Out of X, I'll bet.  Others don't agree with
that method but It Works For Me.
Then you might want to enable that well-known and so very useful but
unfortunately disabled command, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace again.  There is
bound to be someone who will tell you how.  I saw it in a .sig just
today, too.
I just don't remember whose .sig it was.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs