OT: Unix or UNIX or unix

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:53:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM, CJ Kelley<debiani386 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Nor is it multi-tasking multi-user as Unix was designed to be although
>> with
>> the faster processors they are stating to fake it pretty well!
>
> that is quite true..I get a lot of people who claim that windows is a
> multi-tasking os because they can get multiple programs running at the same
> time..
>
> i have to tell them that just because the window border changes color,
> doesnt mean that it is being processed in the back ground

Windows pre-emptively multi-tasks. Has done since Windows 95,
certainly for native 32 bit applications. Can't comment on 16 bit as I
was coding exclusively for Amiga at that time, which most definitely
pre-emptively multi-tasked out of the box.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0