OT: Unix or UNIX or unix

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:14:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
(ubuntu)<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

>> You are not familiar with banks, are you? What do you think they are
>> running?
>
> I don't think that you are familiar with banks either.
> The systems that *really* matter for accountability run on mainframes,
> usually with (Open)VMS as operating system.

You'd best make that MVS (or more commonly these days zOS). None of
the banks I've worked in have used VMS for critical systems. You often
get Tandem machines handling the ATM system but for the the critical
systems like Signature Imaging, Statements, CHAPS and BACS so so forth
you'll find a IBM mainframe (or clone) running zOS.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0