How to configure vlc stream server in ubuntu 8.04

jiten jha jitenjha11 at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 09:58:21 UTC 2009

Dear friends,
                   I follow that steps but it is not working.

                    I finished  vlc Streaming Media Server on Ubuntu 8.04LTS
(Hardy Heron) in my pc . I follow that steps
1>  sudo apt-get install vlc screen

When installation is finish than i run that command .

2>  vlc -I http

3> Then browse to server by going to http://ip
address:8080/<http://your.server.ip:8080/>

 in firefox

4> select any video file and play it in my pc.

5> Go to other pc.

6> In that pc i open vlc player and  press " Ctrl + N ".

7> select UDP/RTP  and port 1234.

In Advanced option

8> Customize option and put there my ip address where vlc is running . like
( udp://@10.0.0.35 )

9>  Select Stream/Save option.
      Click to setting option

10> Select UDP option and put there ip address.

11> But when i go to playing list and select my pc ip address (udp://@
10.0.0.37) than video not work.

12> Client side
 open vlc player and press Ctrl + N
 click network option and select UDP/RTP and port is 1234 .
 when click to play button videos not play and giving some error . i sending
you that error snap shoot.
 I searching on google but not getting solution.

Plz help me to solve that problem.
How can i play video in vlc stream server and i install vlc-0.9.9 in my pc.