A problem setting up Ubuntu - reply to Fred Roller

valhalla2100 at comcast.net valhalla2100 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 11 02:45:54 UTC 2009

Hello Fred,

I think that I created a new partition. I can do the "use the entire
disk since I have no applications or files set up on the computer.
Maybe some e/m in VISTA but I am willing to lose them. I am
willing to have the computer a LINUX device with a sub Windows
partition.

I am going to have to download files that will be used on my
main computer that has Windows apps. I will need to be able to
download Windows files and it will be good to have an up to date
virus protection (NOT Mcafee which did not protect me before)
for Windows type files that I download.

Thomas

A friend told me that the reason I see only the first, older version,
is because my boot up is done by the Windows boot manager.

I need to figure out how to get rid of that. He suggest using
GRUB (????).

Thomas