A question on protection software

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:03:13 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Tony Baldwin <photodharma at gmail.com>:
> Sandy Harris wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM, <valhalla2100 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
> ... clippage ...
>>
>> There's also an argument that Linux is better designed
>> and better implemented than Windows, so more secure.
>> I certainly believe that, but it would be fairly difficult to
>> produce the evidence that would convince an MS
>> employee.
>>

> Statistics alone should prove that point.

The statistics don't prove it one way or the other because we don't
know how much effort is put in attempting to attack linux machines.
Windows machines are more commonly affected than Linux ones but this
in itself does not say anything about the intrinsic security of the OS
unless we know the relative amounts of effort put in by those with
evil intent.  Unless there are some other statistics available.

Colin