Anti-Virus Utilities on linux/ubuntu

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Wed Jun 10 12:34:44 UTC 2009

NoOp schrieb:
> So dear readers, as I've said in the past, there is indeed a good reason
> to keep a good linux based AV utility around...

Contrary to my previous response I want to support NoOp proposal. I just
discovered an unknown file on my fathers thumb drive. I searched the
name and discovered a nice worm. My father connected this thumb drive
only twice to a windows machine. Once for an external presentation once
to transfer a document for printing to our machine.

I still don't want to bother with proprietary AV engines but I will keep
CalmWinPortable around to scan our backups.
Scanning with Knoppix is difficult for me as I don't know is a LiveCD
can assemble my Raid1 configuration.

Franz