porting ubuntu on ARM9

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 10 10:26:46 UTC 2009

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 10.06.2009, 15:40 +0530 schrieb savita:
> Hi,
>
> I am Savita Pawar. Very new to Ubuntu. I want to port ubuntu for ARM9
> platform ie for i.MX27 processor.

as long as you build your own kernel, everything should run on ARM9 in
9.04, it is compiled for ARMv5 machines (note that in 9.10 we switched
to ARMv6+ with VFP and NEON so with the future releases that wont work
anymore, 9.04 should work though).

if you have a working kernel see [1] and feel free to drop by on our IRC
channel #ubuntu-arm on irc.freenode.net in case you run into any
problems.

ciao
	oli

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch