Jaunty Update Manager is broken

Steven Susbauer steven at too1337.com
Wed Jun 10 00:48:21 UTC 2009

H.S. wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
> Let us ignore the nm-applet errors below for now, even though I suspect
> the problems are related somehow.

Unless he has gone back, Karl uses wicd for the network and does not
have NetworkManager installed, and probably still has the entry in his
startup. I believe he mentioned removing the update notifier in a

>> Jun  9 14:31:43 Jaunty x-session-manager[3291]: WARNING: Could not
>> launch applic
>> ation 'nm-applet.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to
>> execute child
>> process "nm-applet" (No such file or directory)
>> Jun  9 14:39:01 Jaunty /USR/SBIN/CRON[4083]: (root) CMD (  [ -x
>> /usr/lib/php5/ma
>

> Finally, I think you should pay attention to the following.
>
>> Jun  9 14:31:16 Jaunty kernel: [   20.232355] synaptics was reset on
>> resume, see
>>  synaptics_resume_reset if you have trouble on resume

Synaptic package manager should be be generating kernel logs. This entry
is most likely about the synaptics touchpad driver.