say-epos

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Tue Jun 9 17:56:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 18:34 +0100, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 19:08:09 +0200
> From: Tom Rausner <tom at rausner.dk>
> Subject: say-epos
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Hi Folks.
>
> I've been playing a little with 'Say-Epos', 'cause I need some
> artificial speech for a sound-project. I don't seem to be able
> to make it work and from what I've read on the web, I'm not the
> only one. Have any of you been able to make it work (-how did
> you do it). If you have a suggestion for an other application
> (one producing a GOOD quality speech in English) please tell me.
>

> --
> Tom Rausner <tom at rausner.dk>

I have been working with espeak (in the repositories) combined with
mbrola (http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola.html) and have had
decent results.  Then again I don't work a lot with speech synth.  These
two products produced a decent output which allowed me to create an mp3
from linux books.

I will also try yours and see if I can get it running and post later.

Fred