Printing from VM

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:01:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM, alan duval<amoht at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> I have installed Puppy Linux in a VM in VirtualBox and added my printer
> but when I try to access the printer nothing happens. The same happens
> with WIN XP installed in VirtualBox. How does one access the printer
> from VirtualBox?

The printer needs to be shared on the host machine.

One quirk with my XP VM: I have to open an Explorer window (not
Internet Explorer - explorer.exe) in XP, and type \\mymachine in the
address bar.  At that point I'm prompted for my user/passwd.  From
then on, I can print (and any queued jobs will print).   I've never
bothered to track down why XP in the VM forgets my credentials...

Not sure on Puppy though.

HTH,
Chris