Listserve and WWW site info on a home PC

Piper pay_the_piper at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 9 00:49:08 UTC 2009

Thank you for the request re clarification, Derek.

Because yahoo (and now geocities) are no longer providing the service they
once did, specifically what I need is the following:

(1) A listserve program which will substitute for yahoo groups and can be
carried on a PC here. The PC will be online 24/7.
At this time I am inclined to use Mailman though we have also downloaded
Thunderbird and Majordomo.

(2) Some kind of repository for listserve-relevant text and scanned images
which can be accessed by listserve subscribers 24/7. If Mailman archives can
handle both text and scanned images (Canon Scanner) that is fine. They can
substitute for a WWW.

Otherwise, do you have any suggestions for making scanned images available
24/7 on a PC here?

I'd like to keep it all in-house. When  future trouble comes that narrows
down the WAN problem to be solved.

Either it is some jerk hacking into our PC or it is a problem in the
Internet backbone.

Piper