Can't get native resolution (1280x1024) in Intel 82945G in Jaunty

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:32:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've done a brand new (clean) jaunty installation on a system with
integrated Intel 82945G video card.

Now I can't drive the LCD display at its native resolution of
1280x1024, instead it's at 1152x864. This was not a problem in 7.10
which is what I was running before.

Compiz is working fine and video performance is ok as far as I can
tell. Window animations are working smoothly.

I've found several pages describing regressions due to new intel
drivers so I've tried the following

* hard coding the resolution in xorg.conf
* upgrading to the 2.7.1 drivers (following the instructions here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582)
* fixing the MTRR bug (same page)

and nothing seems to fix the resolution issue

Please let me know how I can get the native resolution working.

Thanks,

-- Henk