Getting PGP

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Mon Jun 8 20:37:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, June 8, 2009 22:20, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Robert Holtzman wrote:
were professional security experts).  You can find it at:
>>>    Well a lot of water under the bridge now. I have found seahorse and
>>> it has both my key sets and it has a nice way to deliver my Public Key
to anyone via email. I have been talking with another PGP person in
town
>>> who is using Windows version 9 and I sent him my Public Key and he
sent
>>> me a encrypted email which with ease I got my free Ubuntu system to
decrypt and it worked just fine.
>>>    I have a PDF book on PGP and the Cryptology which  has made me
>>> understand how it works. So I am now ready to work with anyone who would
>>> like to try PGP.
>> Have you tried installing GNU Privacy Assistant? It makes downloading
from keyservers a snap.
> 	Well I installed Enigmail which at first thought I made another error,
> but as I went to the web page for Enigmail I found an Installation
Manual that is about 1/4 complete but what was there opened my eyes. I
have OpenPGP all over Thunderbird and one of the many things it does is
hunt for Public Key's. You do need to have the signature key of the
desired person.
> 	This told ME why you want to advertise your signature key. I was
> convinced it held zero interest. But then the Installation Manual
explained in just a few words why you want the signature key.

Me idiot, you know that already - I just jumped headless into the thread,
sorry.
--
                           Carl Friis-Hansen