Wireless network, Ubuntu 8.10.

Tony Baldwin photodharma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:00:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 01:36:01PM -0400, Steve Reilly wrote:
> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>
> > thought it would be nice if at least the two laptops (Ubuntu 8.10 and
> > Mandriva Linux Free 2009.1) could share folders and files
>
> install samba on all computers in the wired network.  then you can share
> whatever folders you want between each.
>
> steve

I swap files between my machines with sshfs, rather than setting up samba.
Maybe I should rethink that.
But I just sshfs mount the main box two any of the other boxes and move stuff around when I need to.
Seems maybe that it's more secure, but I don't know.
I'm far from an expert in such matters

/tony
--
http://www.photodharma.com