filter users-list

Alexandra Zaharia f0rg3r at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 22:35:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Linda Hammans<linda at snowcrest.net> wrote:
> can anyone tell be what I doing wrong trying to filter my ubuntu
> users-list?  I created a folder 'ubuntu', click edit, Message Filters.
>
> >From that point on, no matter what I do, I can't get this working.  can
> anyone help?

Checking the full headers of this e-mail, I can see you're using evolution:

One relevant bit about the e-mails that get to this list is the fact
that they have more headers defined, such as:

So go to Evolution >> Edit >> Message filters >> click Add (for "Incoming"):

- name the rule ("ubuntu-users" for instance)
- click the "sender" drop-down list, scroll and select "specific header"
- enter "X-BeenThere" in the field near that "specific header" drop-down
- enter "ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com" in the field near that
"contains" drop-down
- in the "then" section, select "move to folder" from that drop-down list
- click the button "click here (...)" and select your "ubuntu" folder

and you're done. : )