Hate to give up

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 6 02:56:32 UTC 2009

On 06/05/2009 08:32 PM, John Heinen wrote:
> John Heinen wrote:
>> John Heinen wrote:

>>> do I literately type nameserver or my provider's name like earthlink.net
>>> than I get this heading screen Applications Places System Then do I just
>>> type in the above nameserver or (earthlink.net 207.69.....
>>> John appreciate very much your patience.... John
>>>

>> This is what Earthlink gave us Prefered DNS server 207.69.188.171
>> Preffered DNS server 207.69.188.172
>> Then I got the page up with *resolv.config X and again *resolv config X
>> and I typed the above in, entered !
>> Still no connectioR
> REALLY IS THERE ANYONE WITH UBUNTU 8.10 AND A WORKING DIAL UP AND
> BROWSER CONNECTION? JOHN HEINEN

REALLY DID YOU ACTUALLY TRY ENTERING THE ISP'S DNS IN /etc/resolv.conf
as suggested? If so: 1) what was the result, and 2) post your
$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
as you've been asked to do on numerous occasions.

You were given *explicit* instructions to test if this works or not. If
it doesn't work, then fine, we/someone can try another suggestion. But
you have managed to prolong this thread with snippets of supposed
information that doesn't make sense. Example:

Did you do that? If so what were the results? If you *did* do that and
the results failed then say so.

--
Tell you what John... if you'd like I'll help you off-line - I'll even
go out an buy your usb modem for testing on Monday... but I charge $125