Configuring printer on Ubuntu

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:48:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Sahana Basavapatna
<sahana.basavapatna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am wondering if anyone can help. I use the latest Ubuntu and am trying to
> configure the printer, HP Lazer Jet P2015 dn. It does not work. I have added
>  - the Host as "dhcppc0",
>  - Port Number "9100"
>  - Location - 192.168.1.4
>
> How do I get the printer working?

I'm assuming the 'dn' on the end means that this printer has an LAN
card/connection?

In a terminal, can you do:

telnet dhcppc0 9100

If that works, then the printer seems to be set up correctly.  If you
get 'unknown host', then you probably need to change the 'host' field
to the IP address (or add dhcppc0 to /etc/hosts).  Try 'telnet
192.168.1.4 9100' to make sure it's the right IP.

HTH,
Chris