Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 What processor to choose?

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:38:44 UTC 2009

2009/6/4 Fernando González Díaz de la Serna <fernando2358 at gmail.com>

> Hello to everybody!
>
> 1. I want to assemble my own computer.
>
> 2. I want to use an Intel Desktop Motherboard
>
> 3. I want to use an Intel core duo quad processor
>
> 4. I want to install Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 on this computer
>
> *Two questions:*
>
> a. Can I use Intel for the motherboard and processor even though the the
> Ubuntu version for 64 bits specifically says AMD?

Yes, Ubuntu AMD64 version is intented to run under Intel and AMD 64bit
compatible processors.

> b. Is choosing the 64 bit Ubuntu version really a good choice, or will I
> have a lot problems running certain programs?

It depends on many things if you are going to use an Intel or AMD based quad
core computer with 4(maybe more)GB of ram you might want to use the 64bit
version, but beware that you have to look for a work around to have the
adobe flash plugin and the java plugin.
but isn't that difficult, creeme Fernando.

> Thanks a lot to whoever takes the bother to answer and help me,
>
> --
> Fernando Díaz de la Serna
>
> fernando2358 at gmail.com

> In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
>

> Conoce el sistema operativo Ubuntu Linux:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/804features/
>
> http://start.ubuntu.com/8.04/
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/philosophy
>
> https://shipit.ubuntu.com/login

Buena suerte,

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente
servidas"