Skype on Ubuntu 9.X version

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:12:15 UTC 2009

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried installing Skype on Ubuntu 9.X on 64 bit machine ? It
> seems that Ubuntu site
> provides software for 7.04-8.04 version and when I tried installing *.deb
> file, it says wrong architecture.
>
> Can someone give some hints ?

Just add the medibuntu sources to apt repos followed by added the GPG
key. The steps to do are there:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding%20the%20Repositories

Then check for updates (or so 'sudo aptitude update') and install skype
from Synaptics or just do 'sudo aptitude  install skype'.

I have done this on a amd64 bit machine. Skype ver 2.0.0.72-0medibuntu4
gets installed and it is amd64 architecture:
~$ apt-cache show skype | grep Archi
Architecture: amd64

Regards.

ever having been read.