partitioning

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Jun 3 17:04:54 UTC 2009

papaben25 at comcast.net a écrit :
> I have 71 gig on /dev/sda1 ext3 and only using 16% of space. How do I
> shrink this to move the extended and swap so I will have more
> unallocated space to make fat32?

the most secure way is to reinstall all with the new partitionning
sheme (after full bckup, of course). Most of the time the hassle and
risk of shrinking a partition is not worth the work, given anyway
you'll have to change several configs.

but after the backup, you still can try resizing. Look the various
ext3 tools. I never did it my self (I prefere to go with all new
system) but it's feasible

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net