Aspire One lock-up issue

Curtis Vaughan cavaughan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:26:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:41:50 -0700, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

>> I think Anthony and Brian hit upon the solution. At least since doing
>> the changes they suggest, I have not had any lock-ups. But we'll see.
>> It's only been a couple of days.
>> Thanks!
>
> As an additional note. Just the other day, I decided to give downloading
> torrents a try again. Seemed to working fine, but sure enough, it locked
> up. Tried it one more time, and it locked up again. Videos seem to be
> working fine.

Off Topic, but an update. So yesterday I called Acer about my issues.
This is probably the worst tech support I have ever called. They are
obviously geared to merely dismiss the customer. The gist of everything
was: you're using software that did not come with the computer and hence
it is locking up (note: I never told them I was using Linux). When I told
them but it locks up even on a YouTube video. She was like, well, then
don't go there. Finally, in the end she said, well you have to reinstall
the factory software and then everything should be alright. My reaction
was basically, yeh, right, *$#^ me! I got it.