openoffice graphic filter

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Wed Jun 3 13:57:31 UTC 2009

Luca Ferrari schrieb:
> Hi,
> using openoffice (writer) I can import png images, but not jpegs. The error is
> about a missing graphic filter (but no one is specified). Anyone knows what
> dependency should I install?

A friend of mine once had a similar problem. It might be (but I am sure)
that he startet openoffice with sudo from the terminal.
As far as I remember he used the sudo command because he wanted to
install something for all users.

If you are having the same issue, I would remove openoffice completely
and delete the ~/.openoffice folder as well.

Franz