Maximux Boot Error

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Jun 3 07:39:31 UTC 2009

.:====================================================:.
George Bernard Shaw<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html>
- "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul."

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 20:53, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il>
> wrote:
> > I have an Asus Eee 1000HE running UNR 9.04.
> > Every time I boot the machine it gives me the following error:
>
> On boot or on log in?

On Login

> > Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you
> > need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks
> due
> > to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information.
> > (Details -  1: Server ping error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0)
>
> Do you mount any remote drives for any reason?

Yes, I do. My Places list has a link to my desktop machine, when I click it,
I get asked for the SSH password and then a Nautilus window opens.

Is there a way to leave it there, but stop it from checking the connection
at login?

Thanks!

Amichai.