newbie installation questions

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Wed Jun 3 04:41:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 05:20 +0100, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tena Sakai <sakaitena at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: newbie installation question
> To: not for general discussionsUbuntu user technical support
>         <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> > you may want to use a usb key and a program called
> > unetbootin(1) to
> decompress the iso image to the usb
> > key and boot/install from it.
>
> > 1 - http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "use a usb key".? But I
> downloaded the file from sourceforge and try to run it.
> Here's what it told me:
> "C:\Users\blablabla\unetbootin-windows-344.exe is not
> a valid Win32 application.
>
> I am starting to feel that there is a conspiracy from microsoft
> and they want to stop me from using linux at any cost.
>
> Tena

Tena,
  Another couple of options (linux=choices :D)
	1.  From the folks at howtoforge you can create a live usb drive
(thumbdrive) just follow this link for step by step.
http://www.howtoforge.com/creating-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-thumbdrive-from-windows-with-usbuntu-live-creator

	or
	2.  Use Wubi from the ubuntu site.
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#wubi