newbie installation question

Tena Sakai sakaitena at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 03:27:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

> Did you also tell the computer to boot off the disc?
Yes, but more in a bit.

> You might want to try a slow speed burn (2x) using a CD.
The image I downloaded is 715 MB.  I tried to burn CD,
instead of DVD, but CD has capacity (after formatted) of
690 MB and I am short of 25 MB.  As such, Roxio refuses
to do it.

Now back to the point A.
I was playing with boot option.  The set up I had was that
go to DVD first, and if that fails then boot off hard drive.
I changed that and got rid of the second option (hard drive).
Then the following came to the screen:
"No bootable devices --strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup
utility, Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics."

So this means that the DVD I burned is just not bootable.
I see no other option, though.

Any more ideas?

Tena