flash plugin on Jaunty, amd 64 bit

Muzer muzerakascooby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:38:47 UTC 2009

H.S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any trick to installing flash support in Jaunty, amd 64 bit? I
> have a freshly installed Jaunty on athlon 64 bit processor based
> machine, but flash is not working (tried youtube). I have installed
> ubuntu-restricted-extras package and the following are installed:
> ~$ dpkg -l *flash* | grep ^i
> ii  flashplugin-installer  10.0.22.87ubuntu2 Adobe Flash Player plugin
> installer
> ii  flashplugin-nonfree    10.0.22.87ubuntu2 Adobe Flash Player plugin
> installer (transit
>
> Thanks.

I assume you are using firefox.

IIRC, there is a bug in the installer, that puts the files in the wrong
place. Search in your libraries to see if you can find a file with flash
in the name:
find /usr/lib -name '*flash*'
Once you find them, as root, copy them into firefox's plugin directory:
sudo cp <filename(s) that came up in the search> /usr/lib/firefox/plugins

(Ignore any line breaks in the last command - I can't figure out how to
turn 80-width off for specific lines)
Good luck!