multiboot

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:10:54 UTC 2009

chuck wrote:
> I already have dual boot with Vista Home premium and XP Pro on my Compaq Presario Laptop. I want to add Ubuntu for an upcomming job to get familiat. Do I follow the tutorial on installing with Vista already installed or do I need other options? I really need to keep Vista and XP Pro functional.
>
> Chuck

    Hi Chuck it should be easy IF Ubuntu will load. I suggest getting
the Jaunty LiveCD and run it WITHOUT loading first to see how well it is
going to work.

    Then if the test looks good go to System-Administration-Partition
maker and run that and actually make a new partition for Ubuntu, about
20 GB and a Swap Partition of 3 GB.

    When you load Ubuntu put it in the partition and let the Grub boot
loader load all three systems.

    Have fun.

73 Karl

--