Maximux Boot Error

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Tue Jun 2 12:38:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 13:09 +0100, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:10:03 +0300
> From: Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il>
> Subject: Maximux Boot Error
> To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have an Asus Eee 1000HE running UNR 9.04.
>
> Every time I boot the machine it gives me the following error:
>
> Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
> you
> need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
> locks due
> to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
> information.
> (Details -  1: Server ping error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0)

> Thanks!

Don't know if you already know about this, but have you tried eeeubuntu?
I tried it on my AspireOne and the distro seems cleaner and faster than
UNR.  Keep in mind that it is a minimal install so you need to add what
ever software you would need and it uses the standard gnome desktop.
UNR was great when I used it and the interface made it easy for my kids,
but still eeeubuntu was worth looking at and thus far I prefer it.
http://www.eeebuntu.org/ here is where you can get it if you would like
to take for a spin and seems would fit your eee better.  You could
always add the remix from repo once up.

Good luck.