Ubuntu boot options

Andy Kannberg andy.kannberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:55:08 UTC 2009

Hi guru's,

I want to install Ubuntu on a range of systems. I do this with a
preconfiguration file. However, this file is downloaded via the
network. So, the network should be available as soon as possible.
The network segment doesn't have a DCHP server, so the ubuntu
installer will ask for network config. I know there is a way to enter
IP information, gateway address, netmask, etc, on the boot prompt.
However,
I tried to google for the exact parameters, but I cannot find them.
Does anyone have a site or an explanation how to do this ?

cheers,
Andy