ffmpeg for mass conversion

Emil Payne EHSPayne at angelwoodpines.org
Mon Jun 1 22:38:23 UTC 2009

jdd wrote:
> Haneef Bashir a écrit :
>> i have some audio files in rm format i want to convert using ffmpeg
>> can anyone tell me what is the command for mass conversion?
>>

> my script to convert all wav to mp3. ffmpeg works mostly the same

> #!/bin/sh
> for i in *.wav
> do
>
> NAME=`basename "$i" .wav`
> lame -h -v "$i" "$NAME.mp3"
>
> done
>
> jdd

I use the DownloadHelper extension in Firefox.  I point the browser to a
local directory and then right-click and select download helper and
then, when the file manager box opens, select all the files I want to
convert and tell it what  to convert them into.  Works great that way.
I recently converted a whole mishmash of video files all over to AVI
format.  And I sometimes convert videos to MP3s.  You have to go back
and delete the old files later though.

Emil