Termcap in Ubuntu

Heike C. Zimmerer nospam08q2 at gmx.net
Mon Jun 1 07:17:04 UTC 2009

J Bickhard <jbickhard at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 and want to install the termcap for the TRS-80 Model
> 100 (please don't laugh). However, I looked, and it seems as though Ubuntu
> doesn't have an /etc/termcap file. :-(

Ubuntu uses terminfo.  The way to change a termcap entry into a terminfo
entry is via the program cap2info.  I don't remember the details of
putting the result into the terminfo database (it's a long time since I
last used it), but 'man terminfo' should be of some help.


More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list