Hate to give up

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 1 00:32:47 UTC 2009

scott wrote:
> John/Pat Heinen wrote:
> > Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> >> I use Firefox to prove I have Internet. If Firefox can't get Google
> >> then I KNOW the Internet is gone. What makes you think you now have
> the
> >> Internet?
> >>
> >> Karl
> >>

> > Karl, The computer is connected to the provider, it shows on my
> > telephone, also on my usb modem monitor (two little lights, one
> flashing
> > when connected) but when I type in www. whatever, I get the message "
> > not connected please try again.. I be gone for a couple of days,
> hope to
> > correspond with you next monday. John
>
> Ok, to make sure your getting connected from the box in question, open a
> terminal and type:
>
> dig google.com If you get a response, you have internet.
>
> In another terminal window, type: firefox
>
> That should start the browser. If you still no internet, close the
> browser and show us what the error, if any, is reported in the terminal
> window.
Thank you. Well , the internet connection seems to be allright, cause we
can get connected through or with windows xp.and so we do have a
connection through pon, we are on up and running but not with Firefox.
The second suggestion, typed Firefox in a terminal, the response was
"connection terminated, no servers could be reached, connection
terminated" We also unchecked "work off line" in file, firfox John