Pb of HOME/.dmrc

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Thu Jul 30 13:17:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 11:18 +0700, Vilasith Phonepadith wrote:
> I tried it, but it did not work.
>
> I don't know how to check my log??? Maybe you mean this one ?

OK, no prob, let's start from scratch.

1st - Write down the whole error message.  In most cases you can copy
and paste but hand write it if necessary.  The error message will
usually point us in the right direction.

2nd - Assuming you get to a GUI and use Gnome then go to
System->Administration->System Monitor click on the System tab and copy
the information there (So we know what we are working with).  It should
look something like this:

Ubuntu
Release 9.04 (jaunty)
Kernel Linux 2.6.28-13-generic
GNOME 2.26.1

We shouldn't need anything beyond this information.

3rd - Open a terminal Applications->Accessories->Terminal.  Type the
following command (it's just list command):

ls -l .dmrc

it should give you something like this:

froller at metis:~$ ls -l .dmrc
-rw------- 1 froller froller 28 2009-07-29 08:19 .dmrc

We can worry about the logs later.

--
Fred R.
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like Linux - simple; if you are fighting it, you are doing
something wrong."