Why is Synaptic version of Subversion not upgradeable?

bill walton bwalton.im at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:42:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 19:41 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/subversion

Thank you.  It looks, from this, as though there might be a way out of
this for me without completely disrupting our product development cycle.
I appreciate the assistance.

Just for the record, many application developers, myself among them, are
not Unix 'gods' and are just looking for a stable platform on which we
can depend not to force us to break our delivery commitments just
because MS, or whoever, says it's time to change.

The thing that brought me to Ubuntu a couple of years ago was something
I read that said, I thought, that Canonical intended to make it the
desktop of choice.  Perhaps I misread.  Seems from the comments here it
must have said 'Linux desktop of choice.'  If that's all it aspires to,
I can only ask, who in their right mind aspires to be the biggest
midget?  It's a shame the package manager isn't better.  I'll look to
see if maybe there's an opportunity to help.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction, though.  I do
appreciate it.

Best regards,
Bill