I've just Dist-Upgrade to kernel 2.6.28-14.How to get rid of previous kernels?

Luis Maceira luis_a_maceira at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 18:28:52 UTC 2009

I still have on my system kernel packages of linux-image-2.6.28-11 and
linux-image-2.6.28-13,after dist-upgrade to linux-image-2.6.28-14.I do a
dpkg --list "*linux-image*" and all three are installed.My new kernel
works OK,so I do not need the previous kernels and kernerls associated
packages.But when I try to uninstall them (and I use the correct names as
output of dpkg --list) bash tells that they are not installed.This is not
true because dpkg --list tells they are installed and ls -ls /boot we see a lot of files related to 11 and 13 versions,and when I did the dist-upgrade
just to change to the new kernel and kernel packages apt-get told me that it
would take more 173MB of disk space,so only maintaining the previous kernels
that would be possible.
So,how can I get rid of the previous kernels and associated packages?Are
there any trick in ubuntu? in debian I just needed to know the names
with dpkg --list and uninstall them with dpkg or apt-get.Apt-get autoremove
also does not work in this case.