Crashed installation UBUNTU

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:04:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Edward Moore<em.usmeds at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried several times to install ubuntu on a dell optiplex system which
> is about 4 years old it had an intel processor running at 1.8ghz with 1mg of
> ram. The system has a built in video card with shared memory. Every time  I
> boot from the disk I see the first screen and when I try to install or try
> the software first it starts ok but during the process my screen goes black
> and a message reading video signal not present. Help please I want to
> install this software in my daughters computer. Thanks
>

> Eddie Mor

We need a little bit more of info here,
like which version of ubuntu are you trying to install?
have you checked the cd for errors?
have you tried using the alternate CD which can be downloaded from
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu

--
Usuario Linux Registrado #452368
Usuario Ubuntu Registrado #28025

"Doing a thing well is often a waste of time."
//Netbook - HP Mini 1035NR 2GB 60GB - Windows XP/Ubuntu 9.04
//Desktop - Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz 8GB 500GB - Windows 7(testing)
//Desktop - Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 320GB - MacOS Leopard
//Desktop - Athlon 64 2.7Ghz 8GB 400GB - Ubuntu Jaunty
//Server - Pentium D 3.2Ghz 8GB 1TB - Debian Lenny
//Server - Celeron 1.8Ghz 1GB 160GB - Pfsense
//Server - NSLU2 266Mhz 32MB 1TB - Debian Lenny