Why asks http://ubuntuforums.org me silly questions?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 08:04:56 UTC 2009

2009/7/26 Detlef Lechner <Detlef.Lechner at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
> I'd like to search the web site http://ubuntuforums.org, for example for
> the search term 'Ekiga'. There is an Edit field 'Search' in it. Why do I
> have to answer a question such as "How many ears does the average human
> have?" before the search starts?

I just wanted to thank you for bringing this up. Before you did, I
just thought that the page just didn't work, because whatever I
searched for I only got ”The answer given for the random question was
incorrect.” as a reply. Since I couldn't in my wildest imagination
think that I had to answer an idiot question to get my search result,
I didn't even look for it, I just thought ”why do they call my
question 'random'?” and went on to another Ubuntu forum…

But now, when I tried again, efter reading your question, I actually
found that random question, answered it and wow! There were my search
results!

Thank you!

Johnny Rosenberg