pine

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Sat Jul 25 20:22:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> 	I was able to get alpine with apt-get install and it does bring
> memories flooding back. I was not able to compile pine on Ubuntu Hardy
> due to missing libs. It would take awhile to get pine working.
>
> 	Tried to send me a Internet email from alpine and it tried but expect
> sendmail has to be set up. Last time I did that it took over a week!
>
> 	So it's nice you all have the same ideas with pine.

You shouldn't have to set up an MTA if what I was told is correct. Some
time ago I tried to see what default MTA got installed and couldn't find
one. Posted the question to the list and was informed that Ubuntu didn't
install one by default and furthermore one wasn't required.

BTW, out of curiosity, why do you use an inline sig and not a detached
one?

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279