Mounting cifs shares using Samba 4?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 22 19:05:16 UTC 2009

On 07/22/2009 11:38 AM, R. A. Bilonick wrote:

> Samba 4 does not appear to support mounting cifs files. It seems that in
> Unbuntu 9.04, I either have to install samba (samba version 3) or
> samba4. apt-get won't let me install both (unlike Fedora which can
> install both simultaneously). From looking at Samba 4 info, samba and
> samba 4 should be able to work together. In Ubuntu 9.04, if I try
> install smbfs, it wants to uninstall samba 4.
>
> Rick B.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/samba4
have a look at bottom right - similar packages & perhaps you'll find
something there that will allow both (don't know myself).
also
http://us6.samba.org/samba/
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba4/+bugs

Regarding evolution + mapi, can you not use:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/gnome/evolution-mapi
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-mapi/+bugs
[needs-packaging] evolution-mapi - history of the package.