Port 25 and Static/Dynamic IP for Listserve SW

Amedee @ Ubuntu amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Jul 22 14:49:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, July 19, 2009 05:03, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Piper wrote:
>
>> Port 25 is just the normal SMTP port isn't it?
>>
>> So if I bcc this to 50 addresses of the ABC list in my Express mailbox
>> it
>> goes through Port 25 to all 50. And it uses a "dynamic ip" address.
>> No problem.
>
> You're not listening.  The problem is that of those 50, probably half will
> actually receive the mail - the rest will reject it because your address
> will be in one of the black-hole lists.
>>
>> What is the problem if Evolution has a few more lines of code in it?
>
> No problem at all - you just won't find anybody willing to put that code
> in
> it, as it is counter to the general principles of Linux and Unix OSes.  We
> have plenty of list server software - why would we put that code into
> Evolution?

Hello Derek.

I'm getting really tired with this topicstarter. It's becoming more and
more difficult to be friendly, helpful, and to follow the Ubuntu Code of
Conduct.

I think that the best solution for some people is, don't let them near
computers, and let the experts do it for them. Just like I don't go
messing with my plumbing or my car engine, I leave that to the plumber or
the car mechanic.

--
Amedee