9.04 can't find second hard drive.

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Jul 22 12:17:17 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Accessys at smart.net wrote:
>> well the USB - IDE HDD box arrived today and I put the offending drive
>> in it and still not recognized even though it spun up...
>
>> so put another HDD in the box and fired it up, and was immediately
>> recognized.
>
> 	Thanks Bob, that was my idea and it proves your new mother board BIOS
> is working just fine! There have been many who blame your BIOS for all
> your problems.

IIRC , it was you who claimed the BIOS was not right and suggested he
live with it.  And I quote:

> 	Please be aware that you have a BIOS problem. There is no way to   help
> you with that. Try to find some help on the bios. When you fix that all
> else will work fine.
>

> 73 Karl

There were others, including myself who thought the drive might have
been bad.  So, don't take credit for something you never offered in the
first place.

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415