Group 'admin' gid problem

Edward Lee tigerfishdaisy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:46:41 UTC 2009

Fair enough, and I just tried your solution.  The problem with it is
that some graphical elements of GNOME seem to depend on the user
being in the 'admin' group.  For example, the Main Menu tool only
shows/allows to be checked 'Add/Remove Programs' and 'Software Sources'
when the user is present in the 'admin' group.  It's not a showstopper,
but it's really annoying at times.

-Ed