does anyone experience hardware overheat in ubuntu

thirstyh2o thirstyh2o at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:57:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:13:00 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:

>> Then I'd rather say it's a driver, since I do have Nvidia card on my
>> Dell and the difference between Ubuntu and Lenny as I mentioned is the
>> driver.
>
> the difference between jaunty and lenny is about one year newer software
> versions for nearly everything (introducing new bugs and new defaults)
> ... you cant compare these two, compare jaunty with squeeze or lenny
> with hardy if you want accurate measurement ...

Well, no doubts in that for sure.  I just was talking about things that
from my humble point of view might have had most impact on issue in
discussion.

My post was not pretending to be a full review of differences between
Juanty and Lenny.

Any way, I am sorry for not being so particular.

Oh, BTW, if you read my first post carefully you would see that I
mentioned running Hardy on my Dell before Jaunty. And did experienced the
same overheat with Hardy too.

Ciao.