fetchmail and gmail and ssl

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Sun Jul 19 20:50:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-19 at 13:23 -0700, Admin wrote:
> Jay
>
> my procmail is In place
>
> $ cat .procmailrc
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH
> HOME=/home/username
> MAILIN=$HOME/mail
> DEFAULT=/var/mail/username
> #MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
> #LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
> LOCKFILE=/var/mail/username.lock
> NULL=/dev/null
>
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> | /usr/bin/spamc
>
> :0
> $MAILIN/Spam
>

> but look what is happening for Local mail delivery.  I get the
> following
> error:
>

> I am using fetchmail to pop3 mail from gmail.  But when I receive
> email
> I find that fetchmail is using postfix to deliver the mail to the
> corresponding internal mailbox.  postfix responds with the following
> error and best I can tell the mail never ends up in my inbox.  Looks
> like localhost is considered 10.11.12.13.  The error message,
> /etc/hosts, and postconf -n are below.
>

> Here is the error message:
>
> ---- snip ----
>
> <username at localhost>: delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
>      localhost[10.11.12.13]:25: Connection timed out

> DEFAULT=/var/mail/username
> #MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

#Change it...
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail     #No trailing slash no matter what
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox     #No trailing slash if mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/.procmail.log

I assume you want mbox format?  I think you better make sure ~/Mail
exist.  You could change mbox to any name you wish like $LOGNAME

jay d.
--
(o_ ...Inuxlay isway oolercay anthay indowsway...
//\              _Tux @ myT60_