fetchmail and gmail and ssl

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sat Jul 18 16:30:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 08:46:47AM -0700, Admin wrote:

> Hal - can you please send the link for how google recommends to set up
> fetchmail.  I am not finding it very easily.

There is not one for fetchmail per se AFAIK. They have some general
instructions (which don't mention client side ssl certs) and then some
specific ones for well known clients. Googling a little I find ...

 http://www.axllent.org/docs/networking/gmail_pop3_with_fetchmail

which shows how to download/install google's certs and public keys. I don't
remember doing that and my guess is that current Ubuntu has the right stuff
already installed (but honestly I can't remember, its been too long :). I do
not have any of the files mentioned in the above URL, fwiw.

--
Hal