fetchmailrc not working

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Sat Jul 18 12:15:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 00:05 -0700, Admin wrote:
> Jay Daniels wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 14:40 -0700, Admin wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> can somebody let me know the entire steps required to configuration
> >> fetchmail to pull mail from google?  Any clues on how to get this to work?
> >>
> >> I am still unable to get it to work:
> >>
> >> here is my configuration:
> >>
> >> poll pop.gmail.com uidl proto pop3 port 995 auth password user
> >>       "user at gmail.com" there with password "password" nokeep no fetchall
> >>       ssl sslcertpath /etc/ssl/certs/
> >> ~$ /usr/bin/fetchmail -k -s
> >> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local
> >> issuer certificate
> >> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate not trusted
> >> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to verify the
> >> first certificate
> >>

> > I could not find ssl certs for bluehost, so i did...
> >
> > removed the path to the certs and also remove sslcertpath and leave ssl
> >
> > Works though the ssl certs are not verified.
> >

> > jay d.
>

> Hi Jay,
>
> something still is not working for me.  I removed the sslcertpath and
> then in response to an error I removed the '/home/user/.certs'
> directive.  And still I have an error.
>
> See the log:
>
> user at enabled:~$ emacs .fetchmailrc
> user at enabled:~$ /usr/bin/fetchmail -k -s
> fetchmail:/home/user/.fetchmailrc:20: syntax error at /home/user/.certs
> user at enabled:~$ cat .fetchmailrc
> # Configuration created Wed Jul  4 14:43:14 2001 by fetchmailconf
> set postmaster "user"
> set bouncemail
> #set no spambounce
> set properties ""
> #set daemon 5
>
> poll pop.gmail.com uidl proto pop3 port 995 auth password user
>       "user at gmail.com" there with password "password" nokeep no fetchall
>       ssl /home/user/.certs
>

> user at enabled:~$ /usr/bin/fetchmail -k -s
> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local
> issuer certificate
> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate not trusted
> fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to verify the
> first certificate
> user at enabled:~$ cat .fetchmailrc
> # Configuration created Wed Jul  4 14:43:14 2001 by fetchmailconf
> set postmaster "user"
> set bouncemail
> #set no spambounce
> set properties ""
> #set daemon 5
>

> #poll pop.gmail.com proto pop3 port 995 user user at gmail.com is 'user'
> here password 'password' ssl
>
> poll pop.gmail.com uidl proto pop3 port 995 auth password user
>       "user at gmail.com" there with password "password" nokeep no fetchall
>       ssl

Made sure ssl is on a separate line by itself below the poll line.

man fetchmailrc

user options are way down the man page.

mine generated by fetchmailconf and works with bluehost.  many others
with gmail are on google.

jay d.
--
(o_ ...Inuxlay isway oolercay anthay indowsway...
//\              _Tux @ myT60_