9.04 can't find second hard drive.

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:33:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:06:39 +0100, Accessys at smart.net
<accessys at smart.net> wrote:

> have done both.....??
>
> no effect.  in fact I have removed all peripherals and tried to boot
> the old SUSE 10 and the computer won't boot, says there is no boot
> media.  this is an upgrade with a new motherboard, CPU, and Graphics
> card and new Harddrive.
>
> was running an hour before shutting down to make the upgrade....would
> boot fine in SUSE on old system,  only problem was that it was "olde"
> and couldn't run some of the newer software.
>
> Bob

If you've tried the drive with two different IDE cables I would suggest it
has died.  I assume you've got the BIOS set to auto detect the drives.  If
not try that. If you have try setting the BIOS to some other option, then
Save & Exit. Then, return the setting to auto.  It may just have got itÅ›
knickers in a twist and now find the drive.

You could put the old system back together and see if it works.

--
Steve